HELIOS (Heat Loss Investigation System) is a web-based reporting tool designed to help Local Authority energy and environment teams analyse airborne thermal imagery surveys, discover trends and disseminate results to colleagues and project partners.
HELIOS can cross-reference airborne survey results with your organisations existing digital socio-economic, environmental and demographic information. The tool will summarise findings from the thermal survey and produce a list targeting properties that are most suitable to be engaged for insulation grants, consumption advice and renewable energy products.
HELIOS assists energy and environment teams to measure and report on National Indicators set by the Government. HELIOS can help you discover energy usage trends at a neighbourhood level by assisting National Indicator 186 + 187 reporting. HELIOS can also be adapted to provide a public-facing web page providing effective community engagement for promoting your energy efficiency strategies.
Standard Datasets included in HELIOS:
- Property level relative heat loss values derived from thermal survey supplied by Bluesky.
- Geo-demographic data from the 2001 Census.
- BERR energy consumption data provided at Middle Super Output Area level.
- Building classifications by type and land use (e.g. residential, commercial etc).
- OS mapping including MasterMap® (provided by the Client).
- Address Information - Local Land and Property Gazetteer (provided by the Client).
Bluesky will supply a service to assemble, securely host, and manage the infrared survey data and your chosen auxiliary datasets so that multiple client users across multiple offices can maximise the value of the web-mapping tool. The web-based reporting tool connects with your organisations existing mapping and includes training. It has flexible licensing from corporate to single seat and reinforces data security and protection.